Dutch Step-Thru 3-Speed City Coaster Commuter Bicycle, 44cm/One Size
This Dutch style step-thru bike by Critical Cycles is the perfect hybrid bike under $300 for getting around town. Commuting, riding to the local shops and even around your local woods are no problem with this bike. It is so comfortable to ride that you won’t want to stop!
The elegant shape and classically styled components are sure to turn heads. You will look nothing less than classy when pedaling around town. The components are all built to last, ensuring you will get many years of pleasure from this bike.
None of this is a surprise when you consider that Critical Cycles are a well-respected authority on building city bikes. Based in Los Angeles, everyone at Critical Cycles is mad about the outdoors, and heaps of passion goes into each and every bike they produce. This one is no different.
Specifications and Features:
This bike has been designed to look great and be comfortable to ride. Critical Cycles have done an exceptional job of both. As soon as you set eyes on it, you know you are looking at something special, and this is confirmed once you step onto it and give it a spin.
The classic Dutch style step-thru frame not only has elegant styling but makes it easy to get on and off. Just quickly and easily step through the frame, and you are good to go. No need to swing your leg over the seat with this bike! The upright riding position prevents back pain, allowing you to ride for longer.
The 28-inch wheels (700mm) are the perfect size to easily get up to speed, and they roll easily and smoothly once you are there. This, along with the low overall weight of this bike, you will have no problems zipping around town!
You can set this bike up to match your style and preferences. The height of the seat and handlebars can be adjusted to get the position you are comfortable with, and there are five colors to choose from.
Frame and Components:
Hand-built from high-tensile steel, the frame provides a strong base to pedal on yet absorbs vibrations and shocks from the road to keep you comfortable while riding. From the very first ride, you will notice this effect and be amazed at how smooth and powerful the ride feels.
Further supporting you is a Sturmey Archer internal 3-speed hub. The internal gears inside of this hub are fully enclosed within it to keep them away from dirt, oil, and damage, ensuring many years of maintenance free use. Switching between the three gears could not be simpler with the grip shift. Just twist the grip until it clicks, and the hub will take care of the rest. Whether you are cruising through town or taking a longer ride in the hills, you can find the perfect gear to keep the pedals turning.
When you need to slow down, you can do so quickly and confidently with the pedal-operated coaster brake. The power of this brake ensures you can stop as fast as you need, so you do not have to worry about suddenly changing traffic lights or even an unexpected traffic situation. Just pedal backward to engage the brake, and you will stop quickly.
This all rolls on top of Kenda Kwest puncture resistant tires. Smooth and fast rolling, these tires shrug off all but the largest thorns, shards of glass or anything else that would put holes in standard tires. You will not have to fear flat tires stopping you when zipping around town. The tires also perform well on a variety of terrains and disperse water so you can keep riding in confidence even if it is pouring with rain.
Complementing the elegant style of the frame are faux leather saddle and grips. Not only do they look stylish, but you will also love the comfort and security that they provide. The seat has been designed for use over many hours while the grips absorb road vibration and hold your hands securely on the handlebars.
- The classic Dutch style is elegant and stylish. You will find that people on the street will turn their heads to see as you cruise by. Choose a color to match your style, and you will have a bike that is personal to you.
- Although this bike has an affordable price, it comes with some very high-quality parts. The frame is built for strength, comfort, and power. The internal hub gear will give you years of service without needing any tuning or maintenance. The powerful brake will stop you faster than you need and the tires will roll smoothly over any terrain, shrugging off surface water and sharp objects.
- You may think that the strength of the frame would make it heavy, but this bike is surprisingly light. You will have no trouble lifting it up to get it up steps or even stairs, allowing you to get anywhere around town or store it safely inside your apartment.
Amazing Ride Feel
- The light weight allows you to accelerate fast on the smooth rolling tires. The frame has slight features that absorb vibration and channel the power from your legs into the wheels. You will be able to enjoy many hours of riding on this bike without feeling fatigued.
Front Brake and Coaster
- Some may want the security of having a front brake as well as the coaster, but unless you live in a town with very steep hills, this shouldn’t be a problem.
Critical Cycles have done an exceptional job in creating this commuter bike. The elegant styling combined with high-quality components add together to give a confident and comfortable ride. You will love riding this bike around town, and it is the perfect bike for getting to work, meeting friends for a coffee and shopping. You can even take it on woodland trails. Regardless of where you ride it, you are certain to turn heads as people try to get a better look at the Supreme bicycle passing them.